Photo pros promoting software alternatives to Photoshop.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
penguinman
penguinman Regular Member • Posts: 347
Photo pros promoting software alternatives to Photoshop.

I have been on a number of photo trips with well known wildlife photographers. I am on their email lists and enjoy much of what they send me. BUT, recently I have started getting these emails touting the wonders of some software alternatives or supplements to Adobe Photoshop. They claim the software makes their pictures sharper and less noisy. They provide me with a special code for a small discount on the software--often a discount already available on the web. I have tried some of this software, and I do not get the miraculous benefits they claim to have received. I also find that Adobe Photoshop keeps adding options to get the same effect. Recently these offers from professional photographers have started to come as a tidal wave. Several railing revues and discount codes from different photographers all at the same time. I am assuming they get a kickback  if I use the code to buy the software and am wondering if these rave reviews are motivated by their own greed.

penguinman's gear list:penguinman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 90D Canon EOS-1D X Mark III +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow