X100V EVF too small?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Toilet Roll
OP Toilet Roll Regular Member • Posts: 275
Re: X100V EVF too small?

yukosteel wrote:

Toilet Roll wrote:

I found the .62x magnification a little too small over time with my xe3 and have been looking into buying a X100V but its specs suggest its even smaller!

Its strange they chose a smaller frame guide but with higher resolution than previous models.

Anyone found it an issue with the camera? And I know there’s always the OVF but I wouldn’t use it solely.

I made an experiment with X100V and X-E2s by putting one camer upside down, and looking into each viewfinder simultaneously, then merging the view.

Image in X100V EVF looks about 10% larger comparing to X-T30/X-E2s. It was the primary reason for me to purchase X100V, because I'm using EVF for most cases and prefer to see larger view. Of course it is still noticeably smaller comparing to X-T series, but that 10% are making noticeable difference for me. So if you are looking for camera with larger EVF comparing to X-E3 - then Fuji X100V will positively surprise you.

It's important to note that I don't wear glasses, so putting eye very close to the EVF.

Interesting, don't wear glasses either so I suppose it won't be an issue. I can't try out in store for obvious reasons right now so would have to buy hence my post, but Im more confident the X100v will be worth buying now.

Toilet Roll's gear list:Toilet Roll's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow