GM 14 initial test, rear filter usage and sample images

Started 11 months ago | User reviews thread
joger
OP joger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,252
Re: GM 14 initial test, rear filter usage and sample images

paul cool wrote:

the 14mm looks to have more contrast in your examples look at the black owl on the sign

yes - it's slightly better - not on the level of elevation in performance by a prime I had hoped for. Treatment of the files is identical - thus visible differences originate by the optical capabilities.

In case I would not own the G 12..24 the GM 14 would be a stunning performer - knowing the optical level of the G 12..24 it is surprisingly low gain in performance - too low for my taste to use it instead of the G 12..24 when traveling.

I'll only use the GM 14 in the future for astrophotography which I currently don't do - but intend to perform in the future.

Stopped down to f/7.1 the G 12..24 is a incredible performer and hard to beat by any other lens I have had access to.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow