I wish more companies had fun and interesting bodies like Pentax.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OldSchoolNewSchool Senior Member • Posts: 1,346
Re: I wish more companies had fun and interesting bodies like Pentax.

arbeterfroyen wrote:

I currently have an interesting-to-use camera - it is a 1970s fixed-lens rangefinder that will only advance if you hold it vertically counter-clockwise 110 degrees and tap it three times, then advance it. I did diagnose the problem and it needs a part that I cannot find and my attempts at fabrication failed. It also has a meter that doesn't work! It's not particularly fun but it is certainly interesting!

That reminds me of a station wagon my parents had.  The horn would work only if you turned the steering wheel one way or the other, but not straight ahead.

But back to cameras.  There was a company years ago (not sure if they're still around) that made skins for film cameras.  You'd strip off the black vinyl or "pleather" or whatever they used and replace it with custom-fit alligator skin or any of a number of cool skins.  Some were a bit gaudy, but others were cool.  It was sort of an understated way of making a film camera look "fun."

-- hide signature --

My state of confusion has turned into a circle of confusion.

OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list:OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1 Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow