EOS M6 Mark II HDMI output to PC monitor (via PC)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Larry Cunningham
Larry Cunningham Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
EOS M6 Mark II HDMI output to PC monitor (via PC)

I'd like to send the view I see on the LCD screen or EVF of my EOS M6 Mark II to my PC, and thence to my monitor via the camera's HDMI output. I don't want to mess with the video connectors on the back of the monitor (they're limited and difficult to reach). What I'd like to do, if possible, is use an HDMI-to-USB converter like the one below:

BlueAVS Video Capture Card HDMI to USB

to connect the HDMI output of the camera to the PC, then send the "live" image to the monitor.

Will this connector work for this, and will I need any particular application to send the image to the monitor?

The goal behind all this is to  get a big-screen view of what my camera sees to help me focus when I do macro photography. At least at this point, I don't contemplate needing to record video on the PC, I just want to pass the image on to the monitor.

If this approach won't work, is there another, preferably straightforward and not-too-expensive, way to do the same thing?

Larry

Larry Cunningham's gear list:Larry Cunningham's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +18 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow