On1 Photo Raw - problem with sharpness

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
T Evergreen Regular Member • Posts: 143
Re: On1 Photo Raw - problem with sharpness

Yesterday evening I noticed a sharpening issue with On-1 as well and will take a closer look today.  The issue I found was in the Deveop/Details/Sharpening tab.   As I clicked on the various settings such as Low, High, Print, Screen, etc., the amount of sharpening would adjust as you would expect, but I would also get a certain amount of Luminous and Color Noise Reduction added at the same time.  If I set the sharpening to Low (50), I also got a Luminous denoise value of 15 and color denoise of 5.  If I set the sharpening to High (75), I also got Luminous denoise of 30 and Color of 30.  And, this amount of noise reduction automatically applied made the image less sharp than it was before applying the sharpening.  If I used the slider alone, I didn't get the automatic inclusion of denoise.

I don't know if this has always been the case, but I never noticed this before.  In any event, I'll be taking a closer look today.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow