Photograph...graphic art....informatic..reflexions..

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jrtrent Veteran Member • Posts: 6,221
Re: Photograph...graphic art....informatic..reflexions..

Josemi wrote:

Don't you think there has been a turning point where graphic art (drawing) merged with photography and there is currently no dividing line in the artistic world?

When it comes to taking pictures, I have zero interest in the artistic world. The hobby of photography has always been, for me and just about everyone I know, simply a means to record visual reminders of people, places, and events. Some of us also get a great deal of pleasure reading about, comparing, and finally purchasing the equipment we choose to take pictures with, but we still don't consider taking pictures to be any kind of artistic endeavor.

For example, who is a photographer? The one who knows how to take photos, frame them, have a scene view, correct values, etc ... or the one who knows how to squeeze image processing programs and do something incredible from a simple image and maybe some of them don't even know how to take a picture? In the past some were photographers and others were laboratory technicians, and many of us knew how to do both, but now, for example, I even know people who only work with the mobile phone and its filters, they even send them the images of celebrations and retouch them on them and They sell them and the incredible thing is that people buy, look for them and are happy with those jobs.

I do occasionally buy a book of photographs. I have no idea of the processes taken in making the images, but they've ranged from virtually unidentifiable abstractions to straightforward history or travel photos.

Photographers, computer scientists, graphic artists ... what are we becoming ...?
And apart from this, don't you think that the big brands take advantage of these softwares to calmly not advance as they should in hardware and improve noise in isos, approaches, etc. and delegate the work to these processing programs because they are both interested? , I do not stop seeing people complaining that they do not update the software to improve the noise, emails sending them that they should do this, the other ... but ... we should not ask those responsible for the camera brand that we have for not offering us what What do we need and not a secondary ...? I don't know ... it's just a reflection ...

I think the progress in noise reduction has been phenomenal. My first digital camera was the Leica Digilux 1, which I found unusable at ISO 400, and it still amazes me to see how much better small-sensor cameras have become. DSLR's have improved a lot, too, as a comparison of my 2006 Samsung with a friend's 2018 Nikon (both being budget APS-C models) easily shows.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow