Fuji X-T4 - XF 35mm 1.4 vs Sony A7iii - SEL 55mm 1.8 Zeiss vs Nikon Z6 II - Nikkor Z 50 mm 1.8 S

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Matthias Harder New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Fuji X-T4 - XF 35mm 1.4 vs Sony A7iii - SEL 55mm 1.8 Zeiss vs Nikon Z6 II - Nikkor Z 50 mm 1.8 S

Thanks for your perspective!

That's interesting to hear. I'm curious how that's in a real world test regarding the sharpening, I will look into this. I went to a store and checked them all out (though they only had the z6 not the z6ii).

The images of the Nikon did have a realer than life appearance to them. I guess it's no big problem to emulate the character of the Fujis in post and if I want to shoot a Vogue cover I have that possibilty too with the Nikon combo It's this sharpness that makes you see every detail in the eye of a person which I didn't see in the Fuji images I've seen so far. And everytime I did crawl Flickr et al, the images that most often put a smile on my face where Fuji ones. Considering that I'm lazy and that I don't know yet wether I really will get into raw development (I will give it a try, I want to take this a little more serious so that might be an important part of it), the Fuji might be the best choice for me in the end.

If there wasn't this part in me that just likes the look of those z6ii 50mm 1.8s photos as well. I guess I need both

I also really like the Sony but after looking through the other viewfinders I just don't think I want to settle for less with an "it's ok, not terrible" evf of the A7iii.

It's even more silly that of the two Fujis I want the x-t4 over the x-s10 even though the only thing that 500€ more is buying me is a better screen/evf and battery life with essentially the same image quality. Hopeless

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow