Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S $999.95 USD

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 22,241
Re: Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S $999.95 USD

As a wildlife photographer mine is pre- ordered - hopefully for the twenty fourth of June as I start a wildlife weekend on the 25th!

First deliveries within about two weeks of the official announcement is a new move for Nikon.

Ricci's initial review of this S version shows a good improvement in resolution compared to the 16-year-old optical design of the F version.

A very close to symmetrical optical design, an aspherical element, twin AF motors and Arneo coating should each help keep optical quality high.

VR at 4.5 stops is 50% greater than the F mount - though macro novices might need to be aware that the effect of camera shake increases by several stops by one to one magnification.

I expect with the help of VR it will be possible to get pin sharp images hand holding at one to one magnificationI. No way - other than flash - is a sharp image hand holding at one to one normally possible at 1/125 without VR on an F mount body.

I can live without compatibility with the S converters.

The UK price including 20% sales tax is £999.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than anything else.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow