Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S $999.95 USD

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
monu123 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S $999.95 USD

I just thought I'll add that the small design changes to this lens is nice, compared to what Nikon have been doing with their S-Line so far.

There have been some complaints on the placement of the control ring being too close to the camera body, resulting people often turn the ring without realising (which often leads to completely different camera settings, depending on how the ring was configured). The new design of the lens has made the metal trim at the back longer, and pushed the control ring further up the lens, so I think any accidental turns of the ring would be minimized, which is great. I believe the texture of the ring is a more knurled finish and should help people quickly know what they are turning - so this seems like a well-thought-out design, and hopefully all the future S-Line lenses, like the upcoming 100-400mm and 85mm share this improvement as well!

I do wish that they added a VR switch to the lens though, I wonder why Nikon removed it on all of their Z mount VR lenses in the first place.

On a separate note, could anyone possible try out using the Z 1.4TC with some extension tubes, and a non-compatible Z lens like the 24-70 f4, for example? This new lens unfortunately is not compatible with TCs, but I was wondering if you could have a TC attached to the camera body, then some extension tubes and finally mount a lens onto this - I'm hoping this would allow sufficient space for the TC. Maybe extension tubes without electronic contacts? Would be very interesting if someone could try that out. Thanks.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow