Fuji X-T4 - XF 35mm 1.4 vs Sony A7iii - SEL 55mm 1.8 Zeiss vs Nikon Z6 II - Nikkor Z 50 mm 1.8 S

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
LASR Regular Member • Posts: 332
Re: Fuji X-T4 - XF 35mm 1.4 vs Sony A7iii - SEL 55mm 1.8 Zeiss vs Nikon Z6 II - Nikkor Z 50 mm 1.8 S

Matthias Harder wrote:

Yes, other lenses in the lineup were something I'm taking into consideration now and thanks for bringing it up. I appreciate your input!
The way I know myself is that I'm generally sticking to one focal length. I find the limitation enhances my creative process and I never warmed up for the idea of zoom lenses. I've been taking photos with my galaxy S10e (I know, that's thin ice in a forum dedicated full of gear enthusiasts) and I like the photographic process of being confined to that one focal length. I know there are more but the the ultra wide angle lens is too crapy for even half decent shots.
And if it's going to be one other focal length besides nifty fifty it's going to be a wide one around 28mm (or 28mm equivalent). That's the focal length I shot with on my analog Nikon 15 years ago and I really like it as well.

For a long time I also shot mostly with a 28 f2.8 (Nikon AI-S, 20 cm) and a 50 f1.4 (Sigma Art after a Zeiss Planar and some Nikons). I always preferred primes to zooms in the wide-normal range but since I moved from a DSLR to the Z system, the truth is that I shoot most of the time with the 24-70 f4 S at f4 - f5.6 while the 50 f1.8S and other primes stay on the shelf, unless I need to shoot wide open. Nikon just made the development announcement for the compact 28 f2.8 but it's not a S lens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow