Equivalent 3rd party alternative to Nikon FTZ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Gordon Ripley
OP Gordon Ripley Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Re: Equivalent 3rd party alternative to Nikon FTZ?

Thanks for the questions about my intent.

I saw the FTZ  listed for $247.  I only wanted to potentially use my Nikon AF-S lenses on a potential D9 "Z" camera purchase without having to pay $247 for an adapter.  Usually 3rd parties offer similar items to counter Nikons high price tags and they work just about as well. I do not have any non Nikon lenses so that is not the issue.  Finally, i do not want to buy an adapter that would require me to do manual focusing for my AF-s lenses.

BTW, I am sure that someone will send a reply that says; "If you can afford a D9 then you can afford a Nikon FTZ adapter".  That is likely true but i was just checking out my options and not saying that I would not eventually purchase a Nikon FTZ.

As far as purchasing "Z" lenses, Last year I made a major purchase of a 120-300 F/2.8 lens (An AMAZING LENS IMO) and would never be able to replace it with a comparably "Z" lens even if one existed!

Right now I am happy with my D780, D500 (For BIF) and IR D750's.  However, I thought I should maybe at some point go with a "Z" camera as DSLR's seem to be no longer a priority with Nikon.

Thanks again.

Gordon

Gordon Ripley's gear list:Gordon Ripley's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow