Photograph...graphic art....informatic..reflexions..

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,131
I wouldn't worry about it...

I don't really see that the tools make the artist and so if someone can do something really creative will cell phone images and sell the prints that they make, I'm fine with it. Go back several decades and there were artists that worked with Polaroids, or with a cheap plastic lens camera known as the Diana. If you can do something really interesting and compelling with really ordinary tools that are available to nearly everyone, I'd say that you're on the right track!

I'm not sure just what it is that you're saying about image editing software, but know that a lot of folks use that not just for weird manipulations of photos but for actual graphic design work. There have been artists who borrow from the aesthetic of graphic design, going way back, to Andy Warhol and earlier so that there can be a bit of blurry line between the two... and I don't have a problem with that. I suppose that if you're going to call something "straight photography" than it really shouldn't be manipulated, but if your goal is just to create compelling images, then I figure that everything is up for grabs...

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow