New computer dilemma

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP whazzup Contributing Member • Posts: 618
Re: New computer dilemma

robgendreau wrote:

LG had BIG reliability problems with their macOS monitors in the past. I think they may have gotten past that, but check.

I have a 24" Dell, and it's a fine monitor. There are others if you just need RGB; but if DCI P3 then fewer choices. I went with a 24" 4k to replace a 27" 2.5k. So I get more photo on the display, but it's smaller in physical size so it's closer to my eyes and fits better on the desk. The ergonomics matter, since getting a higher resolution monitor and placing it further away is like increasing the DPI of your prints and then putting them on a wall further away.

That's good advice. I would point out that my 27" office monitors at work are basic business monitors, I doubt they are 4K

-- hide signature --

I use my iMac Retina Display virtually almost always at default for display. Rarely do I upscale to "more space" (which I know is higher resolution - max 5K). Frequently have to go to "larger text" because there are times I want to sit on my couch and operate my main desktop remotely. Based on my history, I do not think I will miss the 5K and my only reticence is that the display will be smaller.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow