From m4/3 to LUMIX FF...?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jeepit Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: From m4/3 to LUMIX FF...?

Off The Mark wrote:

Did the S-cameras you test have the latest firmware? They improved AF in the firmware late last year (or was it early this year???)

The S1H I was comparing to the R5 was used and the previous owner said he only used it for video and it always sat on a tripod.  The cam looked like it was never unboxed.  I don’t know if it had the latest firmware update.

For still photos, AF works quite well. It seems that a lot of the Sigma DG DN lenses (designed for mirrorless) work well for stills as well (I don't own any myself but that is what a lot of people say).

The lens was the Panay 50 1.4.

AF in video can be difficult depending on the situation. I haven't used AF in video in the real world, but have been testing it out and it seems pretty good now.

Have you heard anything about the ToF (time of flight) new auto focusing system Panay is working on?
Or anyone else?

Jeepit's gear list:Jeepit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-330 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow