The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: I think his list of criticism about GR3 is fairly pertinent.

doceyes wrote:

when your title includes on dpreview and your own blog, “the good”, but there is nothing good written then the title is not accurate.

OK, I write that camera is GOOD but if you can't find me writing about that good then you conclude that title was synopsis; I never promised covering the good but I do claim camera is good

you did not write anything positive because others have written about it. But others have extensively written about the size of the camera, the rear wheel, the battery capacity, the lack of flash, etc., so why write about the bad&the ugly when others have written about some of the same things.

simply because nobody created one list/compilation

I understand that you like watching/reading multiple reviews to get bits here and there but for me their small coverings of cons don't prevent me from what I want to do

regarding the size - that is personal, some like it, others do not. Some have big hands others have small hands.

OK please read with understanding. Size is on my list not because it is my personal preference but because it is a main source of some other cons and shortcomings

shutter count...there are many cameras that go not allow you to get the actual shutter information from the photos, disappointing but not unusual

I wrote that I do compare do previous GR so this is a con because you can't use it anymore;

it's not like it was never there and I complain about not giving it now

over heating- seems according to many owners to be either a defective unit, return for repair, or due to not shutting off unit in between shooting sessions.

looks like you don't  understand

my camera is not defective, it was twice under warranty repair and it didn't solve the problem; problem is with heat dispersion and when I fixed it by myself then camera stopped turning off due to overheating

I haven't seen any other user posting same intervalometer test as I did so simple claim I didn't stress the camera nor checked like you did but I use my camera as I always do and is not overheating can't be taken as a serious evidence

not all cameras allow the use of dummy batteries. But then a dummy battery is more for studio use than anything else , not for this type of camera.

really ? why was it in GRI/II

if there is an intervalometer in the camera then dummy battery would be very much needed because you can't power the camera using USB-C

perfect camera...none are, but the redesign appears positive by many other reviews.

I stick to facts that I encounter but you have the full right to stick with positive reviews that don't cover as much as I do

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow