The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Andrewteee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074
Re: I think his list of criticism about GR3 is fairly pertinent.

doceyes wrote:

shutter count...there are many cameras that go not allow you to get the actual shutter information from the photos, disappointing but not unusual

True, why would this even be a con. The only time it seems to matter is if you're selling one and someone asks you for the shutter count.

I've sold cameras, people asked, I said I had no idea but I estimated and they still bought them. With Leica, you can't find out at all. Still, people buy them.

At the end of the day, shutters break down, but surely not before you've used them a lot, meaning you have a lot of photographs to show for your effort. That's good. When they wear out, buy a new camera. To my knowledge, shutter count does not impact IQ.

Back in the days of film did people fret over shutter count so much? And how in the heck did they even track shutter count?!? OMG it must have been stressful to not know the shutter count.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR III Canon EOS R5 Sigma fp L Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow