Be Brave!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,070
Be Brave!

Not strictly a Nikon 1 matter, but we all at times battle with browsers, and I have tried a lot, at least ten the last few years.
I loved Google Chrome, but it bogged down my iMac when accessing certain sites, and then I don't really like Safari, or Edge, Microsoft's version of Chrome, the latter being just a bloated as Chrome itself.
I tried Firefox (rather returning), and several others, even Opera (is it still around), but reading ZD Net's list of nice, safe browsers recently I stumbled on Brave, a very much cut down version of Chrome (ex-Google guys being the driving force), that lets my old computers jump of joy. Both the PC and the Mac, and you can install it on Linux and tablets, too. iOS phones, too I think (have not tried any of my iOS devices as yet).
Said to be three times faster than Chrome, and that I can't really verify, but it sure is much faster than my Chrome, and feels faster than Safari (but that might be my imagination)!
Ads are totally gone, a blessing, without external ad-killers, and it seems very stable. It uses a slightly different user interface, but I got used to it after an hour, or so.

So be Brave, and change!

And the search engine I use is DuckDuckGo, also a way of keeping Google and Facebook at bay! Also recommended by ZD Net, and something I've used a year or so. Brave is a very recent addition to my 'apps'.

Tord

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow