Settings for Leica M 35mm and 50 mm lenses on Fuji X-T1

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaxFR New Member • Posts: 2
Settings for Leica M 35mm and 50 mm lenses on Fuji X-T1

Hey guys,

First of all sorry if my question was already asked but I couldn't find a clear answer crawling this forum and several others. Probably because there is no single answer... so here I go!

I got the chance to get my hands over a stack of Leica equipment for a few days. Since I'm not convinced with the ergonomics and overall rendering of the M8 (don't crucify me yet), I got the Fujifilm adaptation ring that allows for connecting the M lenses on my not-so-new but still very capable Fujifilm X-T1.

Let me just say that it feels like the Fuji was designed to carry these lenses, I mean the body is extremely well proportioned and balanced as it's even lighter than the M6, with all the accessible external settings it's a delight.

My question is: has any of you been playing with the mount adaptor settings, as the camera is able to record manual settings for :

• Distortion: Barrel strong > medium > weak > OFF > pincushion weak > medium > strong
  • Color shading correction
  • Peripheral illumination correction

Taking into account that it's an APSC sensor so I don't get the common soft corners issue, I'd like to know if you would have some piece of advice on how to optimize the settings for the following lenses:

• Summilux 35mm f/1.4 Asph. 
  • Noctilux 50mm f/1.0 

From what I read the 35mm is broadly considered a gem so I didn't change any of the settings. The 50mm instead may need some barrel correction so I set it to medium.

I know it's all about how and what I shoot and not so much about changing a setting that will make a difference. So I'll start shooting as much as I can, but what would you do?

Thanks!

Max

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow