Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
doak Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

erikjanneman wrote:

• LAOWA 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO

But since I am currently on an X-T2 and these lenses are all unstabilized I am not sure how realistic it is to shoot them handheld. So I am looking to gather some information from people who have experience with these lenses.

Another question that comes to mind: does anybody have experience with these lenses on an X-T2/3 and on an X-T4? How much difference does the IBIS make to the handheld shooting experience with Macro lenses like these?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been using the Laowa on my X-S10 and stabilization really helps. In my case i've been trying focus stacking both hand held and with a rail.  I bought the Laowa used for a bit less than $300.  It is so tiny and light.

Flowers focus merge: Macro and Still Life Photography Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

The handheld is turning out surprisingly well as the merging software does a good job aligning.

For illumination i've been using a couple of LED video lights which is nice because i can see preview of shot before taken and it is easier to do the handheld multiple shots.  And also been using flash (Godox T350F) with a DIY diffuser for single shots.

Using the focus assist really helps with manual focus macro.

doak's gear list:doak's gear list
Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow