The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

With regards point #27. A quick test producing 2 in-camera Adobe colour space jpgs reveals

image 1 = 12,193,023 bytes

image 2 = 11,737,569 bytes

A difference of around 455 kb.

With 3 pairs of sRGB images (the colour space you used) I get variances of between 30k and 230k.

OK but please be more specific. Are we talking about the same files ?

Did you download mine and conducted your test ?

Hardly the 5Mb you seem to be seeing. It suggests an anomaly with your camera or with the particular set of photos you tested.

that is why it is clearly stated in the video that you need to make your own conclusion (video position 5:12)

it could be a result of overheating, something else or regular behavior when taking multiple images one after another; I don't have resources to make more testing but if you will send me few more GRIII then we can try to make it happen

I don't see the point of publishing misleading comparisons of a small number of jpgs based on a camera sample of one.

I need to quote myself "This needs further testing and checking on different units"

This approach seems to reveal a bias in your 'scientific' method that has decided on finding a hypothetical set of negative outcomes with experiments designed (or results chosen) to reveal them, thus proving your overall thesis

wrong ! I showed you that it happened, it is a side result I got from overheating test and clear indication that something bad appeared but it needs to be tested with other units and conditions; I make an assumption that IF those tests will confirm my findings then we have a problem. If that happened in 1 for 1000 pictures or 10000 then could be a marginal error but 100 is alarming.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow