Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
thxbb12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,185
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

erikjanneman wrote:

Hi,

I would like to get back into some macro shooting. I am currently using an X-T2, and I only own the 18-55 kit lens plus the 10-24 wide-angle zoom.

I am looking to do some close-ups of flowers and maybe some insects if possible. Generally will only do this when the weather is nice enough (so with enough natural light).

The 80mm Fuji options looks nice, but a 1000 € is a bit rich for me. Would anyone have tips or alternatives that could work? I am not looking to lug around a tripod so it needs to be usable handheld. I don't need crazy magnification either. Anywhere close to 1x would be cool.

Thanks!

Regards, Erik

Hi Erik,

A couple of days ago, I just posted a review of the 7ARTISANS 60mm f2.8 macro lens that can be had new for less than $160. At this price it's a steal

Here is what I think of it along some macro shots I took with it: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65171810

-- hide signature --
 thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-S10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow