Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
OP erikjanneman Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

So this thread was a bit old, but for me it is still current. I have some follow up questions I thought you might be able to help with.

I am looking into getting a macro lens. Currently I use an extension ring with my kitlens (18-55) or with an old Minolta MD 50mm f2.

Both get me results that are good enough for my purposes. The thing that annoys me about that though is that I can't focus to infinity anymore. So I need to keep switching the extension rings on and off and I would like to do that less.

So dedicated macro lens. The one thing that is important for me is that I can use it handheld. I do not want to carry around a tripod.

So I have been looking at these options:

• 7Artisans 60mm f2.8
  • LAOWA 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO
  • Dörr 60mm f2.8 macro (link) (I found this on Google, but can not find many reviews for it. So if anybody knows this lens I would be interested to hear your thoughts)
  • Meike 85mm f/2,8 Macro
  • Samyang 100mm F2.8 Macro

I find the native Fuji options to be too expensive, or to be to expensive for what they deliver (in the case of the 60mm).

But since I am currently on an X-T2 and these lenses are all unstabilized I am not sure how realistic it is to shoot them handheld. So I am looking to gather some information from people who have experience with these lenses.

Another question that comes to mind: does anybody have experience with these lenses on an X-T2/3 and on an X-T4? How much difference does the IBIS make to the handheld shooting experience with Macro lenses like these?

Thanks!

erikjanneman's gear list:erikjanneman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow