GoPro Waterproof case that allows charging?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens Regular Member • Posts: 487
GoPro Waterproof case that allows charging?

The company I work for photographs Ironman and endurance events globally. Part of our offerings is a short video clip of the athletes are various points on the course. This video is captured by one of 6 to 10 stationary GoPros that need to be capturing video from 3 to 10 hours. Quite often we are working in inclement weather and we've occasionally lost a camera.

We have several video kits that roam. We have Hero Sessions, Hero5 Sessions, Hero7 White cameras.

I've seen a couple here and there that are OK...

https://www.3brpowersports.com/xpwr.php

I've got a couple of their GoPro 8 models and they are really nice. I'm not positive the power connection is truly waterproof (submersion) but I think it's definitely rain proof which is all I need.

I also have a couple for the 3BR Hero 3, 3+, 4 and it's really close to ideal.

The 3BR model for the Hero7 doesn't work with the White and Session is only for the 5 Session, not the older one.

A store-bought solution would be ideal.

A simple jury-rigged solution would be acceptable. Simple meaning easy to do with little to no tools and even less time.

What have you seen?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Mike
WideOpen.media

Michael Stevens's gear list:Michael Stevens's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony a7S III Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow