small flash z 6ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Boudewijn van der Drift Contributing Member • Posts: 597
Re: small flash z 6ii

jeff23r wrote:

z 6ii to arrive today and wanted something similar to the godox 350 that i had for my fuji x-t3. doing some research it appears this flash has not yet had the firmware such that it will work with i-ttl with the z 6ii or z 7ii - someone posted that godox said it will be update, but who knows when.

i take family, vacation etc photos - hobbyist at best, use flash little and use it in the most basic of ways. i see there is an older nikon sb 400 that can be had used reasonably, but not sure if this works either - would be a stop gap until the godox is updated as that is the size, weight etc that works for my needs.

i had seen a couple of smaller metz flashes but cant, again, figure out if those will work and they are not so easy to get readily even in New York.

are there any other similar flashes to the godox 350n that i am missing? i am not interested in larger, more powerful etc -- i know there are clearly better flashes, bigger flashes and more expensive flashes -- the flash isnt used often and wont be used much at all if too large to carry in a small bag with the camera

appreciate any suggestions -- thanks!

There is a table of compatible Nikon speedlights/flashes in the manual. I use the SB-500, small, highly compatible.

Boudewijn van der Drift's gear list:Boudewijn van der Drift's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow