SD Quattro worth it over Merrills?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lukacs85 Regular Member • Posts: 356
Re: SD Quattro worth it over Merrills?

I'm suggesting a Sony A7RII instead of Quattro. With Merrills you have the X3, and I can't see much difference between Quattro and 42MP Bayer. Quattro is not suffering from moire, but A7RII has more DR, has better AF, far better live view, less noise even at iso100, has very extremly wide glass availability. If you want faster AF upgrade latest modells and keep glasses. If you want even higher resolution upgrade to A7R4. SDQ however a dead end, unless using adapters with SA lenses, but they are huge.

I like to keep my gear small, so I've preferred fixed lens small cameras, like DP series or Ricoh GR. X100 and RX1 hovewer was too pricey for me living with one focal length. Now I have A7III and just bought the Zeiss 35 2.8. It's small enough, and has the IQ to ditch my DP2Q.

In future I'm going for A7R4 when become more affordable. I saw in this forum a very Merrill like post processed FP-L image, then I won't miss my Merrills.

If you can afford I'd consider a Panasonic S5. It also has the versitality (speed, high iso), and L-mount if you consider going for FF Foveon in future.

Lukacs85's gear list:Lukacs85's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony a7 III Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow