The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Andrewteee wrote:

Your points could be valid, but without the balance of things you also like about the camera - from your POV, not others - your message gets lost because it's so one sided.

that's the point not to rant but to give list of negatives that you can expect from the camera

I understand that you are used to read blog posts and reviews where someone is guiding you by personal experience so you can reflect on author's feels and views and maybe sympathize

You say yourself you like the camera and it gives you the results you want. What is it you like about the GR3 and what about it gives you those results? We'd love to hear that.

that's a mix of different elements but most importantly it is sensor size, BW rendering, silent shutter, small dimensions and weight, focal length and auto ev compensation

characteristics, but it would have been interesting if you had illustrated your post with your photographs

sure but it's not this kind of post and I want to keep paragraphs fairly not large so there wouldn't be too much scrolling

simply as poetic additions to make it more visual, since you're a photographer. They don't have to be from your portfolio, could just be from a recent outing. It's another opportunity to share your work.

there will be plenty of other opportunities, I don't have to do this in this post

I can understand the disappointment in engineering the perfect GR

it's far from perfect

, but Ricoh is not a big player like Canon or Sony and I'm sure they don't have endless R&D budget.

if you read carefully then you will see most of these shortcoming could be fixed with firmware update

The GR3 is a compromise to meet certain criteria (including price - it's already a very expensive camera)

that's the point, you pay for premium and receive basic; I could understand if they released two cameras and one is cheaper because features have been reduced

and (hopefully) strike a balance that makes the GR3 a GR camera (small, light, unobtrusive, high IQ).

looks like GRIII is a product aimed at new clientele and not to sustain loyal ones

I hope that you can eventually accept the GR3 as it is and find a way to focus on the positives, and enjoy taking pictures with it.

I hope you will understand that it was me who came up with solution to overheating and not manufacturer. I had to solve their problems on my own so my life could be easier.

Having a knowledge about cons doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the ride.

We'll all join you in hoping the GR4 is an uber camera, perfect in every way and a joy to shoot with.

it might be possible because the current creator retired so we will see what new guy can bring into the GR line

BTW if you like the 28mm focal length, the Leica Q2 is not as compact but it addresses some of your concerns

filesize is a nightmare and it is overpriced and bulky

The original Q can be found used too;

but doesn't have multiple user modes, ev shift and compact size

The Fuji X100 has a 28mm adapter; again, not as compact.

fuji is more color pictures camera and I am BW guy

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow