The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Andrewteee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Your points could be valid, but without the balance of things you also like about the camera - from your POV, not others - your message gets lost because it's so one sided. You say yourself you like the camera and it gives you the results you want. What is it you like about the GR3 and what about it gives you those results? We'd love to hear that.

Fine if it's not a review, with photographs that technically demonstrate image characteristics, but it would have been interesting if you had illustrated your post with your photographs, simply as poetic additions to make it more visual, since you're a photographer. They don't have to be from your portfolio, could just be from a recent outing. It's another opportunity to share your work.

I can understand the disappointment in engineering the perfect GR, but Ricoh is not a big player like Canon or Sony and I'm sure they don't have endless R&D budget. The GR3 is a compromise to meet certain criteria (including price - it's already a very expensive camera) and (hopefully) strike a balance that makes the GR3 a GR camera (small, light, unobtrusive, high IQ).

I hope that you can eventually accept the GR3 as it is and find a way to focus on the positives, and enjoy taking pictures with it. We'll all join you in hoping the GR4 is an uber camera, perfect in every way and a joy to shoot with.

BTW if you like the 28mm focal length, the Leica Q2 is not as compact but it addresses some of your concerns about the GR3. The original Q can be found used too; I still have it. The Fuji X100 has a 28mm adapter; again, not as compact.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR III Canon EOS R5 Sigma fp L Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow