DP2M hibiscus upressed (42mp image)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ChristianHass Veteran Member • Posts: 3,205
Re: DP2M hibiscus upressed (42mp image)

xpatUSA wrote:

Scottelly wrote:

Jozef M wrote:

I do wonder what actually happens with that 'super resolution'?
Those artificial intelligence-fuelled mathematical formulas can only add false information, of course.
Whether it looks good or not is actually of little importance to the concept. A small unreadable text on a sign, photographed from a distance, cannot of course be made readable with super resolution.

And what about the unrecognisable criminal in that photo ... let's enlarge it with super resolution ... hela, he looks very much like you, let's arrest this person quickly.

. . . reminds me of the movie Minority Report. With the way our government has been acting over the last few years, I would not be surprised at all if this scenario comes to pass.

Our phones are listening to us, and probably wathing us. After-all, they have cameras on both sides, and those are becoming wide-angle cameras more and more. Soon enough they'll be sending video feeds to whoever will pay enough money to get them (free for the government, of course).

One of the good reasons why I now use a Sonim XP3 phonewith the no-camera option and no internet connection. Flip-open with real buttons ... beam me up ...

But how can you check DPReview while on the go then? I don't get it..

Besides, it's still running Android under the hood, they'll be monitoring you too

-- hide signature --
 ChristianHass's gear list:ChristianHass's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm XF10 Sony a7R II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow