Any oppinions on Canon SX-30?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bridge77 Regular Member • Posts: 201
Any oppinions on Canon SX-30?

Just bought a Canon sx30 used and should be in this week. Been thinking about a bridge camera for years as my Canon DSLR cameras just don't have the telephoto reach that this thing does.

I don't need top drawer IQ but would like to get some bird/nature/travel shots occasionally but those tend to be illusive with my Canon T3i so kinda give up most of the time.

The Canon sx50 is much more attractive and should have bought one years ago when Canon was dumping their refurbs. The sx30 however is way under 100 dollars, so an easy way to get into the bridge camera scene and maybe trade up or not in a few years.

The size of the camera and 840mm lens sold me, as well as the f2.8 speed. Probably shoot some video with it also, although i use a Canon camcorder for that, very reliable and 3rd party batteries work nicely.

DIGIC 4 Image Processor and 14.1 megapixels is about the same as my Canon t3i and quite adequate for a long time.

This new camera is getting me excited about taking pictures/videos again. The size is so much better than a DSLR too, although we also use a small Nikon point/shoot camera.

Looking to hear if any of you all still use these small Canon bridge sx cameras, such as the 30, and 40.  If so, are you staying with those, or maybe is this the year to look for something better.  The dealer is giving me two weeks to return and i hope that is not the case because of the good prices of these older bridge cameras.

thanks

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow