The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

2ndact scene1 wrote:

Personally, I found your review quite interesting and informative. It tells me that Ricoh has limited resources

thank you, I appreciate that you can put emotions aside and read simple facts about the camera

95%? Clearly from the comments, it is good enough for most buyers.

it's not exactly like that, this camera is for Japan market and their customers so others have to accept what's on the table and fanboys will always say that cons are irrelevant because they are happy; Ricoh is opening to Europe and USA and making more content so I presume for next model they might listen more the voices from the rest of the globe

But some users will push a camera to it's limits to meet their professional or artistic requirements, and some issues will be revealed.

exactly but it is beyond imagination for some

I think every forum benefits from a member who gets into the inner workings of a camera and reports what they find along with their personal opinions.

it should be good for manufacturer also because it's quality control work done for free;

I agree that knowing some facts upon dropping a dime is beneficial

It has been a while since I owned a GR II and the idea of getting a GRIII has crossed my mind. Reading this debate, I think maybe going back to the GR II makes more sense for me (I like the built in flash, I do use a hood and prefer better battery life).

of course but you trade new sensor with more megapixels, IBIS, AF and other goodies

however there are more people who preffer GRII over GRIII and it should send a signal to Ricoh that not everything went as planned

would have been great) plus travel. But reliability is a big concern, especially if the main source is the eBay roulette wheel where it so hard to know what you are getting.

you can put a request here

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1056?filter=buy&view=list

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow