***Weekly Wildlife Thread: May 23rd - 29th***

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Snowfella
Snowfella Senior Member • Posts: 1,339
Re: ***Weekly Wildlife Thread: May 23rd - 29th***

Bit more "testing" over the weekend and this morning, going by my results the new gear is alot more unforgiving  for bad technique than the old and the TC is a good light only attachment!

First 2 from a short walk Saturday morning while the wife enjoyed some retail therapy, not going anywhere near those shops as I know the camera store there has a CZ 16-35mm f/4 on the shelf that I'm itching to get and I'm not fully trusting myself after the latest splurge. 

Australasian Darter

Superb Fairywren, likely female

Today's "efforts", real overcast and I must of had an extra coffee this morning as almost nothing turned out as sharp as I'd like. Pixel peep these at your own peril!

Azure Kingfisher. Old faithful back in her usual spot, been months since I saw saw her last. Shame the light is nosebleed low and she's gone skittish, just would not let me in close today.

Still got her skills when it comes to hunting.

Female Chestnut Teal.

Male Hardhead

Dusky Moorhen, normally walk right past these as they are just too darn common.

Australasian Grebe.

Little Black Cormorant with a hint of rain falling.

Little Pied Cormorant

Galah, male going by the eye colour.  One of the very few times the Animal Eye AF kicked in and locked on the eye.

Snowfella's gear list:Snowfella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony FE 70-200 F4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow