The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

SK_photography wrote:

No - if you read my post you would see that I didn't say that.

great

I didn't "miss" any point at all. I bought the camera because it fitted my requirements for a small, fast, discrete camera.

once again you are sharing why YOU bought camera, what YOU like and how it doesn't bother YOU that there are some cons so my post is about camera and your post is about YOU

It is ironic that you should accuse me of writing about "personal feels" when your article starts with a large "angry emoticon" image!

I don't accuse but simply put facts and my emoticon reflects my opinion about decisions made by Ricoh but it doesn't change the topic because these shortcomings exist

The issues you list are hardly matters of concern.

seriously ???? camera that is overheating and turning off is hardly a matter of concern ?

• Obvious: The GR III is smaller than the GR/GR II! Really? Is the Pope a Catholic?

it's easy to check but I am catholic so can confirm for you, yes he is

• Trivial: Some obscure issues about file names; extra blank space on the mode dial; hardly the End of the World!

once again for YOU it is nothing but fact is the problem exists and is repeating

so I present facts and you present your opinion and feels that it doesn't bother you

maybe Ricoh should not do anything about that because if they can fix but it doesn't bother you then it's easier to not care

• Completely unrealistic expectations: Which camera can do in-camera raw conversion with files from a completely different sensor?

camera has a program running on Linux so which one raw processing software is doing DNGs only from one sensor ? it's not beyond their capabilities

• Yet you criticise the GR III on the grounds that it can't process GR/GR II files!

truly amazing, I wrote 'It would be very welcomed' and you read that's as a criticism

Again, you complain about firmware and hardware bugs, but I haven't experienced any.

I have video proof of that and what do you have ? Did you check the camera against these problems or you just stick to : it works for me I won't do anything

As to Ricoh service centres, in many years as a Ricoh user I've never had to use one, so I don't know.

so now you know

If you wanted a camera with a large battery or external power supply for long bursts of continuous shooting, or several of the other things you complain about, well there are plenty of cameras that can do that.

please do list them; similar size/weight, 28mm lens and leaf shutter

it doesn't have to provide large battery but at least same battery time as DB65

You can hardly be angry at Ricoh for building a camera that addresses a different set of requirements.

I can be any angry I want as Ricoh can easily fix many issues in firmware but does nothing.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow