The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 381
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

telemach wrote:

SK_photography wrote:

I had no issues with overheating, battery life, the user interface, or any of the complaints that you make.

so you say the fact you had no issues proves my findings are wrong and non existing ?

No - if you read my post you would see that I didn't say that.

I found the new AF, metering, and IBIS to be a great improvement over the GR.

looks like you missed my point, I don't claim it's a bad camera for any of you nor I contradict someone's experience; I did a list of what is in the camera that Ricoh didn't reveal in manual, didn't fix and didn't explain why changed and removed;

many are trying to decide if they want GR II or GR III or simply considering GR III but most of reviewers don't cover all of that and it might for one be a deal breaker to learn about certain things

I am writing about facts regarding the hardware/firmware and you are writing about personal feels about the camera so these are two different matters.

I didn't "miss" any point at all. I bought the camera because it fitted my requirements for a small, fast, discrete camera. I knew what I was buying, and my experience with it has been entirely positive. It has worked reliably in a range of conditions, from freezing temperatures with ice and snow, to the heat of the Australian summer. Those are simple facts.

It is ironic that you should accuse me of writing about "personal feels" when your article starts with a large "angry emoticon" image!

The issues you list are hardly matters of concern.

• Obvious: The GR III is smaller than the GR/GR II! Really? Is the Pope a Catholic?
  • Trivial: Some obscure issues about file names;  extra blank space on the mode dial; hardly the End of the World!
  • Completely unrealistic expectations: Which camera can do in-camera raw conversion with files from a completely different sensor? Yet you criticise the GR III on the grounds that it can't process GR/GR II files! 

Again, you complain about firmware and hardware bugs, but I haven't experienced any.

As to Ricoh service centres, in many years as a Ricoh user I've never had to use one, so I don't know.

If you wanted a camera with a large battery or external power supply for long bursts of continuous shooting, or several of the other things you complain about, well there are plenty of cameras that can do that. You can hardly be angry at Ricoh for building a camera that addresses a different set of requirements.

S.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow