The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 266
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

telemach wrote:

Your list of gripes with the company and the camera suggest to me that you have unrealistic expectations from the intended design and purpose of the GR3.

What exactly is unrealistic ? My expectation that company won't remove something that was already there or expectation to make a camera that doesn't overheat ?

You'd be better off buying something more suitable for your style of shooting than getting yourself

great, tell me exactly what other camera has this lens/size/features ??? because I work with GR for years and haven't found anything more suitable but would love to

all worked up about things you can't change, and should have researched before you bought the camera.

maybe do some research about my posts on this forum because I was pointing out different things even before this camera was released

A Japanese corporation that saw a niche market, released a niche product, and for many, like me, have very happy customers who can work through the compromises and/or don't have the problems you've been having due to realistic expectations or by adapting our workflow/ capture methods to find realistic solutions.

once again, please be more specific, what is unrealistic ?

A camera this size is a compromise, most of what you list as 'bad and the ugly' can be remedied by thinking your capture process through, and choosing the appropriate tool that suits the purpose you intend it to be used for, rather than blaming the tool for not achieving beyond its intended design and purpose.

it's way above compromise

if most can be remedied then why Ricoh didn't fix it ?

There are many small, fast and more powerful cameras on the market, with less compromises in performance for design reasons than the GR3.

so please do list something as small & light, with leaf shutter and 28mm lens

Try one, and use the GR3 for the purposes and within the parameters it was designed and released for.

what is the official purpose and parameters because I don't see anything like that in manual ?

I mean this as a constructive assessment, and am in no way belittling your gripes, rather pointing out your expectations sound like misplaced frustration

I am not frustrated, more likely angry because I want something I can rely on and not be surprised by sudden stop of working.

with a camera that doesn't seem to be designed to shoot the way you want it to.

maybe but this is the only camera that gives me results; I would happily switch to something else but there is no competitor for GR at the moment; other cameras are bigger, louder, heavier or with different lens

You seem to be under the misguided impression that it's up to me to answer any of your questions or solve any of your problems. Sorry, not true.

If you're getting the results you want, and have had to work around the limitations of the tool you've chosen, why write a lengthy piece with a provocative title 'bad and the ugly' and not expect someone to point out the obvious contradictions in your arguments?

Welcome to real life. Enjoy your camera and take great photos.

-- hide signature --

jfa3000
www.fredfoto.net

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow