The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 266
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Your list of gripes with the company and the camera suggest to me that you have unrealistic expectations from the intended design and purpose of the GR3.

You'd be better off buying something more suitable for your style of shooting than getting yourself all worked up about things you can't change, and should have researched before you bought the camera.

A Japanese corporation that saw a niche market, released a niche product, and for many, like me, have very happy customers who can work through the compromises and/or don't have the problems you've been having due to realistic expectations or by adapting our workflow/ capture methods to find realistic solutions.

A camera this size is a compromise, most of what you list as 'bad and the ugly' can be remedied by thinking your capture process through, and choosing the appropriate tool that  suits the purpose you intend it to be used for, rather than blaming the tool for not achieving beyond its intended design and purpose.

There are many small, fast and more powerful cameras on the market, with less compromises in performance for design reasons than the GR3. Try one, and use the GR3 for the purposes and within the parameters it was designed and released for.

You'll be much more chilled about things too, and your gripe list will be easily remedied.

I mean this as a constructive assessment, and am in no way belittling your gripes, rather pointing out your expectations sound like misplaced frustration with a camera that doesn't seem to be designed to shoot the way you want it to.

-- hide signature --

jfa3000
www.fredfoto.net

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow