fp l first impressions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 16,036
Re: fp l first impressions

docmaas wrote:

I like the footprint. The evf is a bit funky but usable. The pinch zoom is useful if one wants to take different perspective shots of the same subject live as opposed to cropping later. Never had or handled A Leica Q but the Sigma implementation of pinch zoom is a richer one in terms of variety but probably a bit more difficult to use on the fly. You'll get different crops of the same image so the objects in the image are not zoomed only cropped. It's a good demonstration for those who struggle with understanding that an apsc camera does not take larger images at the same focal length than a full frame camera.

That's all for now. Starting home tomorrow via Death Valley and highway 395 along the Eastern Sierra. DV is already hot, 106 yesterday. 395 will be cooler and there should still be a good deal of snow on the upper elevations.

By the way I don't know if the original fp had this feature or not. But if a menu option is grayed out on the fp l you can get a list of conflicts by pushing the > key. Nice feature.

Mike

Thanks for posting Mike. How does it compare with your other Sigma cameras? What do you think of the image quality so far? I've seen some of your sample photos so far, and one of them looks very good. I think you shot that with your new macro Art lens. Is auto-focus working well for you with your adapted lenses? What L mount lenses have you used on it so far, if any, and how was that experience?

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow