Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c h u n k
c h u n k Senior Member • Posts: 1,693
Stop Constant Focus?

I admit to being a bit lazy on this.

Canon R6

Can someone please tell me where in menu I can stop the camera from continuous focus, even when the focus button is not pressed.

This is NOT a question for the setting to prevent camera from giving up when focus is not achieved. This is to prevent camera from continuous focus when focus btn is not pressed.

Use case: Last night at carnival with daughter. Ride was spinning fast. Aimed and prefocused at the spot I wanted to get the shot and just wait for her to come around. Camera kept focusing on the swings that came in front of camera despite the fact I was not holding the focus button.

Kind of defeats the purpose of using back button focus for me.

-- hide signature --

Some of my photos here: https://flic.kr/ps/2i6XL3
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” --Dr. Seuss

c h u n k's gear list:c h u n k's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow