Any Flickr users think it's a lot quieter?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OldSchoolNewSchool Senior Member • Posts: 1,346
Re: Any Flickr users think it's a lot quieter?

softmarmotte wrote:

The reverse. I have noticed a big uptick in activity in the last 3 months. Double the views, likes etc but then again I am posting a lot more pics due to Covid !

Ad12 wrote:

Hello

It may be my photography output is just a bit crap during lockdown, as I used to travel a lot. But not only favourites, the views are low too.

Just seems quieter and less active than it used to be.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just i've lost the interest of my followers!

I suspect that, overall, activity on Flickr is probably down because most photographers in the last 14 to 15 months shot fewer pictures. That theory of mine is an "overall" statement. For me, personally, how many views, comments and favorites I get largely depends on how many pictures I post. Also, the subject matter makes a difference. If I post a picture of a pretty gal, it's way more likely to get a lot more views, comments and favorites than one of my car pictures. Here's the link for a shameless plug: https://www.flickr.com/photos/eoscatchlight/

-- hide signature --

My state of confusion has turned into a circle of confusion.

OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list:OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1 Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow