Exposure Bracketing Auto

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
EspE1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,347
No Problem!

ARiverman wrote:

Olympus e-m1 mark iii. Set exposure bracketing (5f 1.0EV)) now I want the camera to take 5 shots only pressing the shutter button once. Not being able to find out how to do this technique has bothered me for years.

Oh, the E-M1 is quite configurable and you can easily achive what you want. (RTFM ) :

1. Push the Frames/Flash button on the top left of camera (or select this function from Shooting Menu 1).

2. Select the Custom Self-timer (Timer symbol with "C").

3. Push the Info-button to get to configuring mode of the Custom timer where you can select:

a) Timer (Delay in seconds before any picture is taken - between 1 and 30 sec)

b) Number of frames (between 1 and 10)

c) Interval length (between 0,5 sec to 3 sec)

d) Whether each frame shall have AF or not.

4. Set the corresponding number of frames in Shooting Menu 2 - Bracketing - AE BKT

5. Click!

The only snag is that there seems to be a bug in that the Interval setting seems to have no influence so that the interval is always 3 sec. . (I've reported this bug to OMDS in the hope that it will be fixed in a new version of the firmware.)

The E-M1.1 actually offers a better Custom Self-timer system than the E-M1.3 (and the 1.2 I believe(?)) in that it has three different Custom Self-timers by adding also Silent and Anti-shock versions, the latter ought to be a thing for you.

EspE1's gear list:EspE1's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow