Autofocus Mirror/Cat Lens with Adapter: Worth Trying?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP xaprb Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: Autofocus Mirror/Cat Lens with Adapter: Worth Trying?

I bought a FotodioX Pro Pronto adapter for Leica M to Fuji X. Upon mounting it on an X-T4 and putting a Tokina 400mm f8 reflex lens on it, it attempted to focus but didn't even come close. (Sometimes it indicated focus success but it wasn't remotely focused.) I helped it by getting the lens nearly focused, and the adapter just defocused it more.

I gave it a couple dozen attempts and then, on reading the manual again, deduced that its mode is controlled by the camera-set aperture. I had it at f/1.0 with AF-S as instructed; then out of curiosity I decided to try switching to MF mode and set the aperture to f/32. This should activate "close focus mode" which I guessed meant that it would extend the helicoid all the way like a macro extension tube. It didn't do anything.

I switched it back to f/1.0 and AF-C mode; nothing happened. I turned the camera off and on, took it off and let it sit for a while, tried again; nothing. Normally when you turn the camera on and off it activates the helicoid. It doesn't do that anymore. It appears to have stopped working. I'll be sending it back.

xaprb's gear list:xaprb's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow