Nikon is ruled by engineers Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
z2122
z2122 Senior Member • Posts: 1,477
Nikon is ruled by engineers

IMHO Nikon is dominated by engineers  -  which is not bad, but it seems that nowadays companies who are dominated by marketing people and designers are more successful. Maybe doninated is not the right word - it should describe who has the decisions at the beginning and at the end of a product development process and what product should be developed at all (and maybe more important  which should not be developed ). Canon brings out very interesting lenses -  new ways of thinking and new possibilities (tilt-Shift lenses with AF,  small and light 600 and 800 f11, small 100-500 f7.1 ...) and Nikon is improving on the existing lens concepts that we had already in the f-mount world.  I don't say that this is bad, but maybe nowadays more is  needed to attract new customers than optimizing the last 10% of sharpness on existing concepts.  I don't know if I would buy a 600 or 800 f11, but I like the idea to try sonething new and to provide some choices for the users (yes , I know, that Nikon provides 3 different 50mm lenses, but this is not that what I mean - it is more from the engineers world - more of the same ). Nikon has the power to surprise and I hope they will do this soon again ....

-- hide signature --

catch the light - explore emotions

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
Yxa
csn
csn
csn
jrp
jrp
csn
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
csn
csn
NCB
Yxa
Yxa
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow