quality video=

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 807
Re: quality video=

iso rivolta wrote:

kriztian wrote:

That would be really really nice. But then again, why did they not throw it into the K3 lll from start?

And even introducing a new prominent, dedicated dial for switching between OVF, LV and Video. Unfortunate emphasis if video quality is poor.

Video options are great from the Pentax's perspective! ... but yes there is a long way to what is now standard in other systems. Once they improve electronics they'll be able to address this. For Pentax, the video was always an afterthought. Most people here would simply dismiss it as .. hey buy something else, Pentax is not for video .. I think it is a pity, I would like to use the lenses that I have for video. I had to buy a6300 to solve my needs. I eventually spent about $2500 on Sony camera and two lenses. This money could have been spent on Pentax lens, new body etc (this was a direct loss to Pentax). .. plus .. it got me constantly thinking about switching to mirrorless. Fortunately a6300 EVF is crap, so I always decided to stay with Pentax.

Therefore, I actually believe that good video is necessary to keep people in the system in the long run because once you start investing in another system (to get decent video), you may as well leave Pentax completely. I'm not doing that .. I like Pentax, the lenses I have. Who knows, maybe "K-90" will have great 4K/60, no crop, no time/size limit?

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow