Firmware update for Olympus E-M1X & III???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
whumber
whumber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,610
Re: Firmware update for Olympus E-M1X & III???

Messier Object wrote:

But will any of that help the profitability and success of the new venture. I really think they need to win the hard financial battles, not the hearts and minds of the Olympus faithful.

An E-M1 Mark IV is what I think they need (2022) with:

> Bird AF, Animal Eye AF and Tr that really works and with target selection controls for when there are more than one animal in view.
> updated EVF and LCD
> updated sensor
> same BLH-1 battery and same HLD-9 (or at least BLH-1 and HLD-9 backward compatible)
> SD card based FW updates
> 4K 60 video

and they should start it at a competitive price, not the usual high price like they did with the Mark II and the X. It needs to be an ‘all or nothing’ camera priced on day-0 to have the pre-order lists filled.

Peter

Agree with most of this, but I hope that they would transfer the improved ergonomics from the E-M1X into a theoretical E-M1IV but in a non-integrated grip body. Also wouldn't be surprised to see a new battery grip with a joystick in portrait orientation. As for FW updates, we already have SD card updates unofficially and the bluetooth updates they debuted in the E-M1iii work really well.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow