12-45 biking and taking pictures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ab Latchin Senior Member • Posts: 1,828
12-45 biking and taking pictures
  1. Recently got the 12-45 as I plan to ride as much as I can this summer. What a little gem, it is small, light, sharp and well built!

Even with the hood it is a great size!

I use a clamp on bracket for my pack to clip the camera, nice and high so the set doesn’t absorb too much vibration.

With that set up I can actually remove the camera with one hand while riding and take some fun snaps. But as you can see there is no shielding from any weather or spray.

I tend to carry a second prime in the pack wrapped in a lens pouch, on this day it was the 25mm. I rode out with the 12-45, and back with the 25.

Here are some pictures from the ride:

Getting ready to head out.

On the way

Arrived at our destination, it was about a 27km ride. While I am comfortable with 100km rides I am getting my wife into the hobby, so a destination like a small town general store is fun, and we grab lunch then head back.

The two of us after lunch and some tea!

The top of a grinding hill

What the camera looked like when I got home.

It would be nice to get a set of weather sealed primes, small and light, f2 would work for me.

But for zooms, I think we are covered!!

Sorry for the edit, hit post too early!!

ps as these images were edited on the phone as I practice a more streamlined workflow! My plan is to work from the road when I can.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow