Using an A7sii for macro

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 8,585
Using an A7sii for macro

I have recently been using an A7ii for macros. Yesterday I tested an A7sii to see how it compared. Here are several of the images from yesterday's test session. I think the A7sii performed quite well. One unexpected benefit was that the A7sii seemed to be giving me focus peaking signals that were stronger and more reliable than with the A7ii, which I think made focusing quicker, easier and more often successful. (It is difficult to be certain because scenes vary so much, within and between sessions, and setting up truly "like for like" real world comparisons is next to impossible, especially when it comes to subjects that are moving around, which a lot of mine are.)

The subjects in #2, #3 and #4 were fairly small. The subjects in #2 and #3 were moving around a fair amount, as can be see in the sequences from #15 to #26, and from #27 to #33 in this album at Flickr which has the 93 images I kept from the test session.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow