Topaz AI modules - suffixes don't seem to work - any advice please?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Phil1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,105
Topaz AI modules - suffixes don't seem to work - any advice please?

I posted this elsewhere but had no replies so, if you'll forgive me, here goes again!

I have up-to-date AI versions of Topaz Gigapixel, Denoise, Sharpen, Adjust which I use as LR plugins. I also have them as the stand-alone versions.

In the stand-alone versions the ‘add suffix’ facility (set in the preferences of each one) to show what module(s) has/have been applied to an image works well, but having to come out of LR each time I use another module and then re-import the modified version into LR is a real pain and completely screws up my workflow, especially when more than one module is used. However, the suffixes do enable me to see which modules have been applied to a particular image, and in what order, which is invaluable.

However, when these Topaz modules are used as LR plugins, in some cases there is no option for adding a suffix to indicate which image has been modified with which module or, where the suffix can be changed in the preferences section, the chosen suffix doesn’t seem to appear in the file name.

The result is that in the LR grid display there are lots of images and it is impossible to see what, if any Topaz module(s) have been aplied.. All I get is the usual LR extra digit added to the file name which is of little help.

The result is that the plugins are pretty useless and I have to resort to the freestanding versions which is far from ideal, especially if I use more than one module on a file.

I’d be very grateful for any advice and help you could give please on how to get working suffixes on all the Topaz modules!

Many thanks

Phil

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow