Nikkor 500mm F4.0 glass drop-in filters

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,607
Re: Nikkor 500mm F4.0 glass drop-in filters

" ... The glass filter holder came with a Nikon L37c. I assume that is a UV filter? ..."

You can search for that filter on the Nikon USA website or on any retail website that sells filters. Once you find the type of filter you can read the description.

I think any 37 mm round threaded filter should fit the holder. You can remove the L37c and measure the filter threads with a metric scale. If it's close to 37 mm then it's 37 mm threads. If you can't find new filters consider buying used filters.

Can you still find the 37 mm filter holders? You may want a 2nd filter holder so you can easily and quickly change filters.

I am having trouble finding a 52 mm filter holder for the 300 mm f/2.8 lens, which also fits one other telephoto lens. Nikon doesn't carry them any longer and B&H doesn't/can't get them in stock.

-- hide signature --

Dave - Be safe. Stay Healthy.

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow