Fun with a Fisheye

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Peter J Davies
Peter J Davies Contributing Member • Posts: 794
Fun with a Fisheye

A few years ago my wife gifted me an Opteka 6.5mm f3.5 Fisheye lens for Christmas.  The lens was an EOS mount but it came packaged with an EOS to NEX adapter to use on my Sony camera.

Last year I bought a new X-T20 so I wanted to see how the Fisheye performed with Fujifilm........ but the Sony adapter wouldn't come off.  At first, I resigned myself to restricting it's use to the Sony but then I decided  to take a chance in cutting it off.  Bit by bit, I hacked through the adapter using a Dremel and a hacksaw and finally got it off without any damage to the lens.  I then ordered a new EOS to FX adapter and yesterday was my first time out with it  when we went for a picnic at the lake:

Most of the time yesterday I was using my XF 18-55mm lens.  The Fisheye may not be something that I use often but there are times when the effects are fun.

-- hide signature --
 Peter J Davies's gear list:Peter J Davies's gear list
A3000 Fujifilm X-T20 Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Fujifilm FinePix S100fs +22 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow