Anyone using OMD E M1X with older 4/3 Glass

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeepit Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: Anyone using OMD E M1X with older 4/3 Glass

exapp wrote:

Hello,

Anyone using using the OM-D E M1X with older 4/3 (not Micro) glass such as the 12-60, 7-14 or 35-100?

I purchased the big tuna(300mm 2.8) and little tuna(150mm 2.0) used but in mint condition: the gentleman only used them once. He was looking to unload all his 4/3 and m4/3 lenses as he was changing systems. Purchased them ahead of buying the OMD EM1X; knowing that it would be a better handling camera than the OMD EM1mII with the larger 4/3 lenses.  I already had the 12-60 using it on my E330.  No problem on the X.

Does it focus quickly with these lenses?

It is true even on the X that the 4/3 lenses do AF slower than compared the the m4/3 lenses. But it has not been slow enough for me to ever miss the shot. The SWG line is the top of the line for 4/3 lenses. I would even say they out resolve the m4/3 pro line. If you look at the lenses I own you can see why I made that previous sentence.

I had sold all my m4/3 gear including bodies and moved to a Sony RX10iv but never got rid of my old old 4/3 glass.

Moral of the story...go out and shoot with 4/3 lenses.  I do!

Jeepit's gear list:Jeepit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-330 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow